Quest Under The Mountain

Discussion in 'Mountain Region' started by Ezra Greenfield, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Ezra Greenfield Purity
    Firamon

Standing at the stone maw gaping wide in the side of the mountain, a boy in a peculiar outfit paced in front of the opening nervously. He could feel there was something... dark about this place. There was something frightening about this place, the air itself seeming to have an eerie vibe to it.

Ezra had learned to take rumors with a thick grain of salt in this world, and he wanted to see about the strange stories of digimon with strange powers beneath the mountain for himself. But even he was inclined to start thinking the stories true once he had peered into the seemingly unnaturally dark cave entrance. Even fully in character as a nomadic warrior, his will wavered as he thought of plumbing these depths alone. He wasn't sure if he should just get it over with now or go all the way back to File City and see if he could gather a crew to take on the cave.

The boy sat down on a rock, facing the hole and sighed "I can't believe I'm scared..." he admitted to himself. He'd dealt with enclosed spaces in his life in the human world before, so it wasn't claustrophobia... or was it? He hadn't had any adventures underground in the digital world yet. In fact, everything he'd done so far had been mostly in large, open regions or in a populated area. Maybe the danger of this world was giving him a new appreciation for the possibility that there could be danger lurking in small spaces.

"I-I can't just give up..." he mumbled as he got up and stood in front of the cave entrance again. He knew he could do this, he just... wanted someone there with him if something went wrong. He started pacing again, already having been here for some time, pondering what to do. He would either have to go in or make camp soon.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    • Liliummon Light
      Liliummon

"Ooh, look a cave Titus sparkle!" The small female Lucemon variant exclaimed. Fluttering towards the cave, she started to get feelings of anxiety. This is certainly a cave like no other...or is it because it's her first time being in such a cave?

The small princess has always been an indoor girl, remaining within the walls of her castle feeling safe and secure. However, this time she has no one to lean onto but herself now that she's venturing the digital world alone. Still unaware of the dangers that lurk in the digital world, she carelessly approaches the area without a second thought before bumping into someone--a boy.

"Ow not sparkle!" Liliummon cried out. She opens her eyes, getting a good luck at Ezra and his interesting outfit. Her first thoughts were...a hero! Yes, this boy will be her knight in shining armor, she has declared it. Smiling brightly she instantly gives Ezra a hug, wanting to claim the boy as her little hero boy. "Hello Mr knight in shining armor sparkle!!!" She said happily. "My name is Lillummon sparkle!"

She lets go of the boy before glancing into the dark and scary opening of the cave, feeling the waves of evil emanating from it. Glancing over at Ezra, Liliummon smiled nervously before taking his hand. "Um, shall we enter this cave and fight evil sparkle?"

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
      • Ezra Greenfield Purity
        Firamon

"Huh?" Ezra jumped a little as he was bumped into. He had not sensed the small winged girl approaching since he was so engrossed in his thoughts about the situation in front of him. He just looked down in astonishment as she started to introduce herself as Lillummon. He was immediately taken off edge by her appearance, there was pretty much no way he could see her as hostile "Knight... in shining armor?" he thought back to the research he'd done on his outfit. The whole 'shining armor' thing was not only impractical to craft, but mostly inaccurate to what an average period swordsman would wear.

Despite his knee jerk reaction to want to tell her about the history of his outfit, he realized that this was the first person to actually address him as his character, not just as a human in a costume. "Well, I wouldn't say I'm a KNIGHT, but..." he smiled and puffed his chest out "But yeah, something like that."

"So your name is Lillummon? Nice to meet you, I'm Ezra. I'm actually here to check out the cave because of the rumors that have been spreading about it recently. I'm just... not sure if this is a job for me alone..." he admits quietly, not wanting to outright admit his fear.

• Liliummon Light
          Liliummon

Staring at her newly found knight in shining armor, she listens to the boy's plight while nodding. She agrees that the cave does look like a challenge as it is dark and uninviting. However, there must be something rewarding within it or at least worth venturing. Perhaps, there was some kind of treasure that is unreachable to anyone unless a brave group manages to venture inside. What if, the cave entrance is the opening to another world? Ideas fly around the small girl's mind while forming a smile. This could be something worth visiting and lily couldn't pass this up!
            Afterall, if worst comes to worst, her knight will do all the fighting and protect her.

"I say we go inside sparkle!" She looks at Ezra with determination. "There could be treasure inside and besides..."

Lily trails off, revealing her lotus blade, a crystalized sword that forms over her hand and arm as the blade extends from it. However, the moment she summons the blade, the weight of it sends her arm crashing to the ground.

"Ugh.....I still need training I see...sparkle.."

• Jason Lhant Courage
            Grigori the Guilmon

As for the Jason and Grigori duo? They feared nothing. They didn't fear their journeys so far, and they sure as hell weren't going to fear some cave! No, instead they were determined to take on this trial by themselves if they so had to! Nothing and nobody could stop them! So take that, stupid cave! Ahahahahaha!

The rumours only made them more excited, as they would trudge toward the cave in time to see the ridiculous scene in front of them. Choosing to stay quiet for a bit, they would make their presence known once the scene would calm a little bit.

"Ezra" Jason spoke as he and the Guilmon would step forward as they would try to head into the cave. "I see you found yourself a new friend? Or is it a girlfriend?" He teased, a cheeky grin spreading across his features in turn.

• Ezra Greenfield Purity
              Firamon

"Wow... you really never know what kind of power people have behind them in this world." Ezra said as he looked over the sword that Lily had managed to conjure out of nowhere. He looked down at his own sheathed blade, and thought about how it was really just painted PVC, and how it was starting to look less intimidating since the paint started peeling off. He'd never intended to actually use it as a weapon when he made it, and that was beginning to show.

And as he was thinking over his weapon compared to the Lillummon's, he heard a familiar voice behind him "Jason?" Ezra turned in surprise to see the human that he'd met on his first day in the digital world. Before he could ask what he was doing here, Ezra had to blush "G-Girlfriend? What? N-No, we just met a moment ago, it's nothing like that!" he waved his arms in front of him "W-What are you even doing here anyway?" he tried deflecting the topic back onto Jason.

• Liliummon Light
                Liliummon

Watching the two converse, the female Lucemon variant managed to lift her heavy arm blade before...making it disappear. Clearly, she wasn't ready to use her weapon..at least not for now. A small sigh emitted from the girl as she overheard Jason mention "Girlfriend" while Ezra blushed madly before panicking, waving his arms crazily. It amused her and at the same time, formed a small blush on her face as well. She studied Ezra's outfit before thinking back on her past bodyguard, Socerermon. Perhaps, Ezra can be her new knight for real!

Instantly, Lily hugs Ezra, nuzzling against him closely as she begins to play her role as the lost princess. "Girlfriend, Sparkle....I didn't know you felt this way about me sparkle!!!" She cried out.

"I can be if you want me to....sparkle."

• Ezra Greenfield Purity
                  Firamon

"Huh, what!?" Ezra's face just got redder as the digimon girl hugged him. Now he was so confused. What was he supposed to do in this situation. He had certainly never considered love for his role, and confronted with it, he was finding it hard to keep up his facade. He was just frozen in place, unsure how to act as he was hugged by a practical stranger in front of an old friend.

"I-I mean... c-can't we talk about this...?" he spoke in a meek tone that seemed out of place for the warrior "I mean we just... just met, how can... I mean... we should... should get to know each other and... and umm... umm..." searching for words he just didn't have, he seemed like a totally different person than he was a moment ago, his confidence and loosely stoic demeanor gone. Lillummon had managed to fluster Ezra out of his character. In that moment, all that remained of Ezra the warrior was his costume.

• Jason Lhant Courage
                    Grigori the Guilmon

"Hahahahaha!"

Jason couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculous scene taking place before him. "I'm kidding, don't worry about it..." He spoke, before shooting them both a cheeky grin. "Or am I?"

He turned his attention then to the Digimon nearby, and would extend a hand to shake. "Liliummon, it's been a hot minute. How fare thou?" He would inquire, a bit of his language seeming to be making fun of Ezra's attempts to "roleplay" as a knight of sorts. It was all in good fun, of course. He was just playing along!