General InformationThis page contains all of the major information for Shinka!!! Potential members are expected to read this entire page thoroughly. Quick links to the different sections of the information are below:
Out of Character Information
Role Playing Information
Members should also read through these pages, which contain supplementary information that pertain to the site's universe and point system:
Digimon Level List
RespectThe site's golden rule. Any form of harassment—including flaming, trolling, or baiting—is not permissible on Shinka!!! and will be dealt with harshly. Members are asked to respect the beliefs and identities of all site members and members who cannot follow this guideline will not be tolerated. Additionally, we ask that members keep sensitive material, such as discussion of religion and politics as far away from the chat as possible. Additionally, please attempt to keep spoilers for recently-released works of fiction out of the chat. Members who do not feel comfortable on the site due to another member's behavior are encouraged to contact staff.
Content & Rating
PlagarismIs not allowed in any capacity. Write things in your own words. Additionally, members should remember that face claims are meant to be a visual representation of their character—do not copy canon characters and adapt them to the setting. Plagiarism is a zero-tolerance offense and will result in a ban.
OOC AccountsPlease register an OOC account with the name you would like to go by as a player. OOC accounts are used to link your IC accounts together.
IC AccountsCharacter applications are done via profile apps. Check out Joining & Application Guidelines for more information. To fill out your profile, log into your in character subaccount and go to Edit Personal Details. When you're done, fill out the Joining form.
- There is no stat or post count system to determine strength, combat, or evolution.
- No Digimon or character types are banned, and they never will be
- All human characters must be at least twelve years of age.
- There is a level gate for the first plot arc. Currently, playable Digimon can only evolve up to Perfect level.
- Players can fill out limits/comfort claims under the UCP: Personal Details for their OOC account.
- Players can link their accounts and easily switch between them. To link your accounts, navigate to UCP: Sub-Accounts and follow the instructions.
- Players can mention other users by tagging their name in a post, e.g.
@Name. Typing the
@character and the first couple of letters will generate an autocomplete dropdown to help you out.
Power Playing & God-ModdingDo not control other characters or assume their actions without permission. An OOC note should be made in a post where this happens as a courtesy. Additionally, members should remember that Shinka!!! is a story-based site—battles are not about winning or losing, but an aspect of storytelling. They are meant to be collaborative, not competitive. Members should remember that even higher evolutions of Digimon don't necessarily win every battle they're in, and creativity in combat is emphasized. Don't play to win!
TimeShinka!!! uses an episode system for its continuity, progressing through them as plot points are addressed. Members are free to role play during any point in time during and before the current episode. The site uses liquid time and characters are expected to keep track of their threads and continuity to prevent inconsistencies.
Taggable AreasEach in-character forum has a number of sub-locations known as "taggable areas". These areas are more specific geographic locations within a greater region. Every IC thread should be tagged with one of these areas or with the name of the main location if none of the areas are suitable.
Face ClaimsShinka!!! uses "animanga" style graphics, meaning that any 2D artwork is permissible, as long as it meets our guidelines about what constitutes appropriate graphics. See below for more information. Celebrity face claims are not permissible. Additionally, multiple people can use the same character as a face claim. We simply ask that you avoid having the same avatar or other images.
Appropriate GraphicsPlease keep all graphics tasteful—PG-13 images are the absolute limit, and even that may be pushing it. Members with R or X-rated graphics will have them removed, no questions asked. Additionally, images should be stylistically appropriate for a Digimon site. While photorealistic art can look amazing, we would prefer stylized artwork for graphics.
Unwanted RedistributionWhen using fan art or original art, please check the original source if possible to make sure that the artist has not said that they don't want the image redistributed. Additionally, we ask that members avoid using watermarked images.
Post TemplatesShinka!!! allows for full HTML to be used in out of character sections of the forum by wrapping them in [html][/html] tags. However, members should keep in mind that most post templates made on resource sites are not mobile friendly and may not display properly for mobile users. Because of this, post templates are not allowed in in-character sections of the forum and members should be advised to use templates at their own risk. Simple, premade templates for plotters and trackers that are mobile responsive are available on the site.
Original ArtworkShinka!!! is member-created art friendly! Members who want to draw their character(s) or get commissions of them are encouraged to do so. The application can have the images in it removed without altering its overall structure to encourage people who may be interested in doing artwork, but intimidated by the graphics on the app.
Custom Digimon PolicyShinka!!! allows for custom Digimon in a limited capacity. As a general rule of thumb, all custom Digimon must be based on existing species of Digimon in some capacity, i.e. canon Digimon with some of the details altered slightly. Using images from other series or artists' original work is not allowed in the interest of immersion and keeping the site lore friendly. Below are examples of what's considered permissible with respect to custom Digimon. Contact staff if you're unsure if your idea would work.
- Pallet Swaps: A Digimon with colors different from its canon appearance,
- ex. A Black Seadramon.
- Alternate Attributes: A different Attribute from whatever the Digimon is assigned in canon. This doesn't have to be accompanied by any physical changes.
- ex. A virus Dorumon.
- Elemental Variations: A Digimon with a different elemental affinity than their base species.
- ex. An Ice Meramon
- Mode Changes: A non-canon Mode Change, especially with respect to Burst Mode.
- ex. A War Greymon Burst Mode
- Aesthetic Differences: Changes to a Digimon's aesthetics that aren't covered by pallet swaps or elemental variations.
- ex. An Omegamon with parts from Mirage Gaogamon and Shine Greymon instead of Metal Garurumon and War Greymon.
- Custom Fusions: Be it Jogress, DigiXros, or Xros Up. Custom fusions of some sort are encouraged if you have a Hunter character.
- ex. A completely made up fusion between Mirage Gaogamon and Shine Greymon